Dear Parents and Guardians, we have another VERY busy Month ahead of us, so again, please be sure to check the School’s Facebook Page, Website or Class Dojo regularly to ensure that you are up date and aware of any changes that might happen. A heads up, the School/Class Pictures will be scheduled sometime this month, but the details still need to be confirmed, once they are we will send out a note to inform caregivers of the date.
Days to Add to your Calendar:
· Monday June 3rd- The school will be having an Indian Taco Hot Lunch Day on Monday June 3rd. We are holding this lunch as another Fundraiser for Alex’s Outgoing Kootenay Warrior Contest.
· Tuesday June 4th- The Grade 4s, 5s & 6s will be participating in the District Track Meet in Cranbrook on Tuesday June 4th (WEATHER PERMITTING). Students are to be dropped off at the College of the Rockies Track no later than 8:30am. We are asking that Parents of students that require transportation, contact Eryn Geddes prior to the event so that she can arrange rides. Participating students that are on Reserve will be picked up from the school at the regular morning drop off time. For the afternoon, we are asking that parents pick up their students from the COTR Track at the end of their child’s last event or by 3:00pm.
· Wednesday June 5th – The Grade 5/6 class will be participating in a trip to the Kootenay Rafting Company. Please ensure that students are properly dressed and bring No Heat lunches.
· Wednesday June 5th- Grades Kindergarten to 2 (sorry no K4s) will be exploring Elizabeth Lake and playing Mini Golf. Please ensure that students wear clothing appropriate for the outdoors and weather. No Heat lunches are also required. Other arrangements will need to be made for K4s.
· Thursday June 6th- There will be a Kindergarten Open House for families with Kindergartens coming to the school in the fall. Kindergartens come to the school for 8:45am and K4s can come by at 12:45pm.
· Thursday June 6th -7th- Grades 3 to 5 will be participating in an Overnight Camping Trip put on by TECK and the Ktunaxa Nation Council at Grave Lake near Sparwood. The students will be leaving before noon and coming back by the first bus run on Friday.
· Friday June 7th – Grade 6 Transition Day. The Grades 6s are to go directly to Laurie School by 8:20am.
· Monday June 10th-Tuesday June 11th- “We Bike” sessions 1:00pm-2:30pm. Students learn about bike riding and bike safety. Students will need bikes and helmets. Specific information will be sent out closer to the date.
· Tuesday June 11th- Backup Track Meet date (only if the original date didn’t work out due to weather).
· Wednesday June 12th- Grades K4 to 2 will be going to the Kimberley Water Park. K4s will need to be at the school in the morning in time for the bus to leave @ 9:15am. Students will need their Swimwear, towels, sunscreen, hats, weather appropriate clothing and no heat lunches.
· Wednesday June 12th - The Grade 5/6 class will be participating in a trip to the Kootenay Rafting Company. Please ensure that students are properly dressed and bring No Heat lunches.
· Friday June 14th- there will be NO SCHOOL due to a Pro D Day. Summer Program Sign-up Deadline.
· Monday June 17th to Friday June 21st – The Grade 3/4 class will be going on a week-long Camping trip to Kikomun Provincial Park. More information will be sent home prior to the event.
· Tuesday June 18th- Grades 5/6 will be going to the Kimberley Nature Park with Wildsight. Please ensure that students are properly prepared to be outdoors for the day.
· Wednesday June 19th – The Grade 5/6 class will be going on a Bike Trip on the Rails to Trails route. More information will be sent home prior to the event.
· Thursday June 20th- Grades K4 to 2 will be going to the Cranbrook Rotary Water Park. K4s will need to be at the school in the morning in time for the bus to leave @ 9:15am. Students will need their Swimwear, towels, sunscreen, hats, weather appropriate clothing and no heat lunches.
· Friday June 21st – Grades K-6 Surveyors Lake Day Trip. Other arrangements for K4s will need to be made if they do not go to the Daycare. In the Morning: NON-bus students will need to arrive at the school no later than 7:50am to catch the bus with staff. Bus students will be picked up at their regular stops and times in the morning. The bus will bring the 1st run (Reserve) students into town for the town route and leave to Surveyors from the last pick-up place. In the Afternoon: Town bus route students will arrive at their regular scheduled time and stops. Reserve bus students will be delayed, as we are dropping off the town students first on our way back down to the Reserve. Parents can expect the reserve bus to drop off their children between 4:15pm – 4:30pm.
· Tuesday June 25th- The Grade 5/6 class will be participating in a trip to the Kootenay Rafting Company. Please ensure that students are properly dressed and bring No Heat lunches.
· Wednesday June 26th- Grades K to 2 (sorry no K4s) will be going to Jim Smith Lake all day. Students will need their Swimwear, towels, sunscreen, hats, weather appropriate clothing and no heat lunches. Other arrangements will need to be made for K4s.
· Thursday June 27th- the LAST DAY of School will be a HALF DAY. Tri 3 Report Cards go Home. The first bus will be leaving the school at noon to do the reserve run and then the 2nd bus run to town will be leaving around 12:25pm. The ʔaq̓am Awards Day for students will be scheduled for Thursday June 27th, as well. Students and their families are welcome to attend the Community Awards Day Celebration from 12:00pm - 2:00pm in the Gymnasium after school lets out for the year.
Please let the school know if your student will be staying off the bus to participate. Students must be accompanied by an adult after 12:00pm.
**School starts up again after the Summer Break on Tuesday September 3rd for the 2019/2020 School Year! It will be a HALF DAY. The K4 Program will begin on Monday September 16th. Bus Transportation arrangements will need to be made prior to the first day of school, parents will need to contact Mr. Mike during the week of August 26th- August 30th at 250-919-0150.** Taxa.
Ktunaxa Word/Phrase of the Month:
ʔaqsuk̓utnamu = Summer