Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy Spring everyone! We hope that you and your families had a great Spring Break and are all refreshed and ready to get back to School. April is going to see the start of lunch hour Running Club for Grades 3 to 6 on Mondays and Fridays starting Monday April 8th). The Kindergartens, Grade 1s & 2s will be participating in events every Wednesday this month, so their teachers are asking that students are prepared by wearing weather appropriate clothing and bring no heat lunches. Fieldtrip details will be released by their teachers closer to the dates.
Days to Add to your Calendar:
· Wednesday April 3rd- Speech and Language Pathologist visit. If your child is receiving Speech and Language services, please ensure that they are here on this day (priority Grades 1 & 2). Ks, 1s and 2s will be OUTSIDE in the morning. Weather appropriate clothing is needed.
· Monday April 8th- Grades 3 to 6 start Lunch Hour Running Club on Mondays and Fridays, beginning April 8th (for those students in Grades 3-6 who are interested). The purpose is to prepare students for the Highland’s Run (Grades 4+), Kootenay Fun 5 Race (Grades 3+) and upcoming District Track Meet (Grades 4+).
· Wednesday April 10th- Grade 6s (only grade 6s) will be going to the Key City Theater for a Middle School Transition Presentation from 9:30am-10:30am. Ks, 1s and 2s will be on a field trip in the morning. Details to be released closer to the date.
· Friday April 12th- There will be NO SCHOOL due to a Pro D Day (the teaching staff will be attending the annual FNSA Conference in Vancouver).
· Monday April 15th- Grades 3 to 6 Lunch Hour Running Club.
· Wednesday April 17th- Ks, 1s and 2s will be on a field trip in the morning. Details to be released closer to the date. Tentative date for Grade 5/6 field trip.
· Friday April 19th – There will be NO SCHOOL due to the Good Friday Stat.
· Monday April 22nd – There will be NO SCHOOL due to Easter Monday (school proceeds as normal on Tuesday April 23rd).
· Wednesday April 24th- Grade 5/ 6 will be going to the Kimberley Nature Park from 9:15am – 2:00pm (please ensure that students have a NO Heat lunch and appropriate clothing to be outdoors). Ks, 1s and 2s will be on a field trip in the morning. Details to be released closer to the date.
· Friday April 26th – Grades 3 to 6 Lunch Hour Running Club.