Dear Parents and Guardians,
Wow that first month flew right by for us at the School! The weather is cooling down, so please make sure that your child is bundled up! Our teachers will be holding annual Caregiver/ Teacher Meetings from Monday Oct. 21st to Friday Oct. 25th to check-in with you regarding your child’s progress thus far and to answer any questions that you may have regarding your child, the class or the school. We will be implementing an early dismissal from classes during that week. Students will be supervised from 2:30pm until the regular bus run while participating in outdoor or indoor physical activities (caregivers are welcome to pick up their students after 2:30pm if they want, we just ask that you let Marisa know before doing so.) PLEASE NOTE: Volley Ball will also start up this Month for Grades 5 & 6 – Practice and Game Dates still to be Confirmed (a letter will be sent later for interested students).
Days to Add to your Calendar:
· Every Wednesday in October (2nd, 9th, 23rd & 30th) – Grades 5/6 will be participating in “Wild Wednesdays”. Please ensure that your child is appropriately dressed for the weather and brings a no-heat litter less lunch. Grades K to 2 will be participating JUST in the Morning.
· Friday October 4th – Grades 3, 4, 5 & 6 will be going to Cherry Creek to view the Salmon Run. Please ensure that your child is dressed for the weather and brings a no-heat litter less lunch.
· Fridays in October (18th & 25th) - Grades 3/4 will be outside ALL Day for “Forest Friday”. Please ensure that your child is appropriately dressed for the weather and brings a no-heat litter less lunch.
· Friday October 11th- Grade 3/4 Fire Hall Trip.
· Monday October 14th – Thanksgiving NO School.
· Tuesday Oct. 15th & Wed. Oct. 16th – NO School due to a 2 Day Pro D (Wilderness First Aid Training for staff).
· Monday Oct. 21st to Friday Oct. 25th – Caregiver/ Teacher Conferences will run about 30 minutes long and will be scheduled from 2:30pm-4:00pm Oct 21st – Oct 25th. Please contact your child’s teacher for available times.
· Tuesday October 31st – Halloween – Students can bring their costumes to school in a bag (please no plastic weapons). There will be the annual Trick or Treat around the ʔaq̓am Band Offices in the afternoon around 1pm.
Ktunaxa Word/Phrase: ʔa·kǂam̓nam (Pumpkin)