Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the New Year! We hope that you had a great Winter Break with lots of time spent with family and friends. ʔaq̓amnik’s first-ever Basketball Team will begin their practices and games on Tuesdays after school from 3:15pm-4:15pm. Basketball will include students from the Grades 4, 5 & 6. If your child will be on the basketball team, please ensure that they bring their non-marking inside shoes and gym strip every week, as there will be practices every Monday and Thursday during school hours, in addition to the games on Tuesdays after school.
Days to Add to your Calendar:
· Wednesday January 9th – Grades 5/6 will be going to Laurie Middle School for a “Transition Visit” from 9:30am – 12:00pm.
· Thursday January 10th- Grades 4, 5 & 6 start Basketball Practice from 1:00pm-2:00pm (please ensure that players have gym strip and non-marking shoes).
· Friday January 11th- Grades K to 2 will be taking a fieldtrip to the Cranbrook Superstore 9:40-11:30am.
· Tuesday January 15th -Grades 4, 5 & 6 start after school Basketball Practice/Games from 3:15-4:15pm. Games with SD5 start on Tuesday January 22nd and will be on every Tuesday at 3:15pm until February 26th. (Note: It’s possible that not all of the Grade 4, 5, & 6s will be participating).
· Wednesday January 16th – Grades K to 2 will be taking a fieldtrip to the Cranbrook IRIS 9:40-11:15am.
· Every Wednesday in January (16th, 23rd, 30th) – Grades 5/6 will be participating in “Wild Wednesdays” (Please ensure that you check your student’s agenda for details).
· Friday January 18th- The Speech and Language Pathologist and the Occupational Therapist will be visiting the school. If your child is receiving SLP support, please ensure that they are at school on this Friday.
· Wednesday January 23rd - Grades K to 2 will be taking a fieldtrip to the Cranbrook Train Station 9:50-11:30am.
· Friday January 25th - The Whole School will be participating in Fitness Friday. Please ensure that students are dressed appropriately for physical activity indoors and outdoors.
Ktunaxa Word/Phrase: hu sukiǂq̓ukni. = I am glad. Taxa.