Dear Parents and Guardians, this fall has flown by incredibly fast! Welcome to the last month of 2018. We would like to remind families that if they are participating in Operation Christmas Elf they can drop off their donations at the school.
Days to Add to your Calendar:
· Wednesday December 5th- The Kindergarten to Grade 2 class will be outside learning about Micro Invertebrates. Please ensure that they have weather appropriate clothing (winter jackets, snow pants, gloves and hats please).
· Every Wednesday in December (5th, 12th, 19th) – Grades 5/6 will be participating in “Wild Wednesdays” (outside all day). On Dec. 19th the Gr. 5/6 class will be going to Fairmont Hot Springs. Please ensure that students have their swimming suits, towels, warm hats for afterwards, etc.
· Friday December 7st- NO SCHOOL due to a Pro D Day (focus on bullying).
· Wednesday December 12th- The Kindergarten to Grade 2 classes will be going Bowling in the Morning and be back for lunch.
· Friday December 14th - The Whole School will be participating in Fitness Friday. Please ensure that students are dressed appropriately for physical activity indoors and outdoors.
· Monday December 17th- Tri 1 Report Cards Go Home.
· Wednesday December 19th- Grades K, 1/2 and 5/6 will be going to Fairmont Hot Springs and Grade 3/4s will be staying at the school (Unfortunately the K4s won’t be going. Other arrangements for the K4s will need to be made if they do not go to the Daycare). Please ensure that students have their swimming suits, towels, warm hats for afterwards, etc.
· Wednesday December 19th- The School will be holding its Annual Christmas Celebration from 6:00pm – 7:30pm in the School Gymnasium. Dinner, Performances & Operation Christmas Elf. More information will be sent out closer to the date.
· Thursday December 20th (HALF DAY) – The Last Day of School before the Christmas Holidays will be a HALF day, with students getting out at 12:00pm. The Bus will be taking the Reserve-students home at 12:00pm and the Town-students home at 12:15pm-12:20pm.
· Friday December 24th – Friday January 4th – The School will be CLOSED for Winter Break. The school RE-OPENS on Monday January 7th at regular scheduled times.
Ktunaxa Word/Phrase: ¢uǂuxu (stuck in snow)