Dear Parents and Guardians,
We have a busy November coming up, so please make sure that you check the school’s Facebook Page, Class Dojo and Website for any updates or changes! Many of the activities happening this month will be taking place outdoors, so we are asking that parents please make sure that your child (ren) are properly prepared and dressed for the weather.
Days to Add to your Calendar:
· Thursday November 1st- The Whole School will be participating in ʔaq̓amnik’s Outdoor Day Camp. Please ensure that students are dressed to be outside all day.
· Friday November 2nd- Grades 3/4 will be participating in Forest Friday and will be outside all day. Please ensure students are dressed to be outside.
· Sunday November 4th- Daylight Savings- Turn clocks Back an Hour.
· Monday November 5th- Dental Screening for Students.
· Tuesday November 6th- Grades 5/6 Volleyball @ Steeples School 3:00pm-4:00pm.
· Tues. Nov. 6th, Wed. Nov. 7th & Thurs. Nov. 8th- Grades 3/4 Camping Trip to Francis Lake (information will be sent out to the parents by the Grade 3/4 teacher). The students will be leaving on Tuesday and returning on Thursday afternoon.
· Every Wednesday in November (7th, 14th, 21st & 28th) – Grades 5/6 will be participating in “Wild Wednesdays” (outside all day).
· Thursday November 8th- The School will be participating in a Remembrance Day Assembly at Amy Woodland 11am.
· Friday November 9th- NO SCHOOL due to a Pro D Day.
· Monday November 12th- NO SCHOOL due to the Stat Holiday day off for Remembrance Day.
· Tuesday November 13th- Grades 5/6 Volleyball Game @ Home vs. TM Roberts 3pm-4pm.
· Friday November 16th- The Whole School will be participating in Fitness Friday. Please ensure that students are dressed appropriately for physical activity indoors and outdoors.
· Tuesday November 20th- Grades 5/6 Volleyball Game @ Home vs. Amy Woodland 3pm-4pm.
· Wed. Nov. 21st & Thurs. Nov. 22nd- The Speech and Language Pathologist will be in the School to work with our SLP students. If your child has a current SLP, please ensure that they are at school for these two days.
· Friday November 23rd- NO SCHOOL due to the mandatory ʔaq̓am Staff “Retreat”.
Ktunaxa Word/Phrase: ȼ̓upnakut (to be fall/autumn)