K̓upaqpiʔk (October) 1st, 2018
RE: UPCOMING OCTOBER DATES
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Wow that first month flew right by for us at the School! The weather is cooling down, so please make sure that your child is bundled up. PLEASE NOTE: the Highlands Run has been CANCELLED.
Days to Add to your Calendar:
· Wednesday October 3rd- Grades 5/6 will be participating in a Hike to ʔakinmi (Mount Baker) for Wild Wednesday. Please ensure that your child is appropriately dressed for the weather.
· Every Wednesday in October (3rd, 10th, 17th, & 24th) – Grades 5/6 will be participating in “Wild Wednesdays”.
· Thursday October 4th – All Grades will be participating in Health Screening Day (exceptions noted on the Opt-out Form). Students will have their Teeth, Eyes, Ears, Blood Pressure, Height and Weight checked on this day.
· Friday October 5th- Grades 3/4 will be outside ALL Day for “Forest Friday”. Please ensure that your child is appropriately dressed for the weather.
· Monday October 8th – Thanksgiving NO School.
· Wednesday October 10th – School Open House from 5:30pm-7:00pm. Dinner Provided.
· Friday October 12th – All Grades will be participating in Fitness Friday.
· Friday October 19th – Pro-D Day NO School.
· Thursday Oct. 25th & Friday Oct. 26th – The Speech and Language Pathologist will be in the School to work with our SLP students. If your child has a current SLP, please ensure that they are at school for these two days.
· Tuesday October 31st – Halloween – Students can bring their costumes to school (please no plastic weapons). There will be the annual Trick or Treat around the ʔaq̓am Band Offices in the afternoon. (There will be NO Wild Wednesday on this day for grades 5/6, it will be moved to Thursday November 1st to celebrate “Outdoor Classroom Day”).
Again, the Bus Driver, Mike, would like to remind Parents to Text or Call him at: 250-919-0150 to let him know if your child WON’T be taking the bus. He would also like to remind parents to Call the School before 2:30pm if your child will be getting off at a different stop in the afternoon or WON’T be taking the bus.
Ktunaxa Word/Phrase: ʔa·kǂam̓nam (Pumpkin) Taxa.